Friday, March 20, 2015

Sole Bay with friends again…

Once again the talented line up we had at the Sports Pavilion Ditchingham, gave us another great musical night…

Seven musicians and a singer…how lucky were we!

I really do not know where to start as so many lovely moments so hope I do not leave anyone out…as they were all sooo good…

Tim as always great playing, did an Acker Bilk solo which was really good after a false start from our backing line, these different keys the musicians play in always bring a smile…

Derek did a solo how that man can still play, sure he will not mind if I say for his age…

Craig yet another fabulous drum solo…wow had the crowd gasping, ha ha and the ears of the band!

Allan B took the lead and gave everyone a chance to play as well as playing and vocals…

Ray on Piano somehow always good , but excelled himself last night fingers flying …

Tony that String Bass was burning…

Alan C getting orders at one time from Allan B to play guitar and not Banjo causing some more smiles. Thanks once again Alan for all the organising and the playing of course…

Simon, so nice to see you well enough to serenade us …how lovely I loved them all but favourite last night singing Secret Love…

All in all a fabulous different evening of live music, thank you everyone. Great to meet up with such lovely people who I can call my friends…

The crowd although not as many as usual a good lot of regulars and a few new faces. I certainly hope everyone went home well pleased.

I did not get a chance to take photos, as a nice lot of fans got up front so it was cosy! and after disturbing people for the raffle, did not think I would push in… but some folk did take a few. 

What a really pleasant  change the audience were …lots of talking still, but not so loud, and one or two who I can praise for staying quiet when the soloists were playing. Maybe because the ones who wanted to listen were up at the front…

Thanks as always to Heidi and also Don last night who helped me with the ticket folding as my usual gang were not there. 

What a great night sorry for all those who were unwell … get better soon.

Thanks  again as always to our great talented musicians who make it a good evening out, and many times a great one, we do appreciate you all.


2 comments:

Alan Cugnoni said...

My thanks to everyone for a most enjoyable night.
Alan

Alifan said...

Thanks to you all Alan, it was different and very good!