Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Jazz at Pipers

 Last night the Art Deco Hot Orchestra with Simon Denny played at Pipers, but of course the battery ran out in the camera, so here is the band minus our Simon and that is a shame as he looked really smart and sang well, with his dinner suit and a red hankie for Valentines night. Nice to see our gentleman in their matching gear as well.

Alan is always saying that I say nice things all the time about the jazz, but I will have to be fair and say it was not the night for me, but so pleased that a lot of people turned up to support the band and David did a good job in organizing it all. Always good to have a different place  to promote live jazz.

I had never been to the venue, and for me it was not a good night as far as my poor old eyes were concerned, rather too many lights and the Zebra wallpaper by the end of the evening was over the top, also the seating was not right as we could not all see the band, and I do like to see them as well as hear them, but that is only MY opinion, and of course being with the usual crowd a nice time was had by all. I just hope I did not spoil it for them as I was rather moaning about the lights.

Sorry folks not a good write up from me this time, but looking forward to Thursday night when we will be back at the Pavilion at Ditchingham where we all get to see and hear the musicians without the bright lights, oh dear I am getting old.
This is what I mean although they show a bright glare they were all little lights and there were more as well, and not for me. Sorry about that.

But you cannot beat live jazz music, so thanks to one and all.

No comments: