Saturday, September 25, 2010

Flixton Buck Jazz

The line up on Thursday for another great night of jazz, were..Tim..Mike..Bill.. on the front line, and Alan..Tony.. and Neil backing them.

I apologize for the grainy photos as we had a good lot of people crammed into the room, and I had to take these from the back! well that is my excuse, but the new little camera is so good, it was me that was at fault no doubt, but you can get the feeling that the music was really first class as always.

Of course with the different musicians joining in each week, we get lots of really good sounds.
Zeb again joining in ..great to see the younger folk loving jazz, and he is really good. Alan as always so good on his banjo. He organizes this each week, and at the bottom he has e mailed me the line up for 30th `Sept.
Tony ..Tim and Neil.. making it look so easy.
Dear Mike, who has really retired from playing, but oh so good that he keeps coming in now and then, as he is a great music man, and always a pleasure to hear him sing as well.
Bill with Zeb, Bill of course another great Trombone player, actually we had 2 more trombone players in the room, but they declined to play, but so good to see them come and lend their support.

So if you did not make it there, well what can I say, you missed a great night of fun and music, no food last week, but Phil the landlord has assured me it will be back next week.

Great to see so many people there, and to see some of the regulars that have been missing for a while, it was really good to see you.

I hope the new folk that now have found my blog, enjoy .. but if you like to let me know you can always comment if you care to, but please remember this is just my own opinion, so hope I do not offend anyone.

The line up for the 30th September will be..

Front line Tim Densham (reeds) Tony Parsons (Trombone) Derek Cubitt (reeds) Tony Julling (double bass) Craig Hipperson (drums), and a welcome return of Barbara on the banjo. I must admit that sounds such a good line up, so hope to see you all there.

No comments: