Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hibiscus Wedding Cake

This is the "hibiscus" wedding cake in position at the hotel on the afternoon of the ceremony.


Dive came to help me get the cake to the hotel and set it up.
It was a bit of a panicky journey through Saturday afternoon traffic and along "Puddingmoor", a bumpy, mediƦval street alongside the river to get to the Waveney House Hotel, but we got it there without losing any flowers.


This is a close-up of the top tier.
This was my first attempt at making hibiscus flowers and many, many hours of frustration, stress and heartache went into making these.
Seeing the bride and bridegroom's faces this afternoon made it all worthwhile.

Just don't ask me for any hibiscus cakes for a while. My poor old brain needs to relax.

3 comments:

Scout said...

It is absolutely lovely. Of course the bride and groom are pleased--you did an excellent job. Now treat yourself to something special as a reward.

Alifan said...

Thanks Robyn.. actually bought some wool!!!!

Maria said...

My mouth is watering. Boy howdy, I wish you lived in Nebraska....