Thursday, September 10, 2020

Morning music fans

Well that is strange, seems I write my blog on a Thursday for Jazz and even though I said last week I was finishing it, somehow I find myself on here!

So just to hope all you jazzers are keeping well, some news that gigs that were planned  in gardens have been cancelled because of the new rules that come into effect on Monday about only 6 people can meet up now instead of 30, mmmm that is such a shame, I do not know if Dixie Mix have been cancelled but maybe they will let me know.

It seems such a shame as the tour that Alistair did went well, and everyone was sensible, seems it is just a minority that do not bide by the rules and that spoils it for everyone else. so stay safe one and all and let us hope that all will be well.

The Face book has changed over to a new layout and I am not happy but suppose they like to muddle us old ones up, and now this blog is changing, so far I have tried the new layout but have reverted to the old as not happy with the new one, but they will change it regardless, a bit like the supermarkets they let you remember where the goods are, then when you think you will just pop on and get groceries quickly they have moved the things!!!

That is life I suppose!

Stay safe and well everyone… and if you want to let people know if there is anything about music or any messages, let me know and I will pop them on here.

Missing you all so much, keep practising the instruments as one never knows!

Just borrowed this from Alistair's fan site the last gig he did on his tour of social distance…at the Angel of the North.  The outside gigs can  be done safely but of course not at the moment.



5 comments:

ChrissieC said...

Good to keep reading your blog Beryl. I look in a lot to see if and when we might have jazz in our lives again. Its frustrating isnt it! I have had a lovely summer following the progress of the Peregrines and Ospreys in Scotland. Now the Osprey family have all gone to warmer places and no more cameras to watch. Roll on next season! This is just to let you know your blog is appreciated so keep up the good work.
Chrissie :)

ChrissieC said...

I have left messages before but cant have been doing it right as I've never seen my message come up on cakes and al. Looks as though i've got it right this time!

Alifan said...

Well very nice that you have found a way to post much appreciated. Thank you, I take it you must be on face book so you can follow the Peregrines and Ospreys . wonderful birds. Thanks again for posting.

ChrissieC said...

I am on FB but have a love hate relationship with it...I dont post much!
I followed the Ospreys on the Woodland Trust website at Loch Arcaig and the Peregrines on the Hawk and Owl trust site. It was wonderful all through lockdown. Do you know whether the Dixie Mix garden gig will go ahead Beryl? :)

Alifan said...

The gig is not going ahead according to a message I read from Simon so that is another jazz session being curtailed. so sad. But we keep our fingers crossed that everyone behaves and then this virus will let us start having a life again.