Friday, August 31, 2018

Sole Bay Jazz Band with guests…

Another good night of live music at The Sports Pavilion Ditchingham last evening the 30th August…

Sadly a very small crowd but the applause from those who were there made up for that…

I must say it is a shame when not many people turn up for a free gig (apart from the raffle) so sad as Alan gets a different line up each week, and there are not many more talented musicians around that play every week…Although not many young members of the band as most who play for us have been playing all of their lives, of course always looking for new talent to come along and play a few numbers, so if you are interested, do come along and have a look.

Lots of different numbers last evening some that even Trummy did not know! so well done to all the players a full evening of music and some giggles…

Thanks Clover for the raffle and thank you all for digging deep again… the 'boys' doing their good job of folding all the tickets.

Thanks Emily for the cheery face behind the bar… and for assisting me!!




2 comments:

Charlie Boy said...

I hope you and myself were watching the same band Beryl. I thought the front line were at odds with each other. they have certainly played better in the past.I am not sure if trummy knew the tunes, or just go annoyed, being the good musician that he is.
My rant over.

Alifan said...

I must admit there were different views on this week…but as I did not write a review last week because I thought it was not a good week this one was better! I do try to be fair.