Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sunday afternoon with friends....

Last year. I had the chance to go to a lovely venue locally to see Martin Taylor, I rang Dive and said "who was Martin Taylor"? well I expecct you can imagine the result, he said he was only the best jazz guitarist around...so with my friends Bev and Anthony we went, and wow Dive was correct, he was great. I posted a photo of Martin and I on here, as he was so very nice and chatty, liked my accent!!

So Ivan ,Bev, Anthony and me went off for a Sunday afternoon to see Martin and Alison Burns who is his daughter in law, and a great singer.... (Dive had already got me the cd earlier in the year)....and it was all great, so informal .. the first time they had done an afternoon gig, and it was very much audience participation, we had lots of laughs...so relieved you liked it Ivan as it was the first time you had heard them...
In the interval we all went outside in the sun and had a cuppa......
Hope your photo's came out as well as these Anthony!! thanks for taking us and for the company...
As I mentioned all nice and informal and what lovely weather.. Andrew who organises these events is chatting in the middle of this pic...
Another view of the relaxing folk... Anthony you are as bad as me for not liking your photo taken....look forward to seing you both again soon..

4 comments:

dive said...

What a splendid afternoon. Martin Taylor is awesome.

Alifan said...

Yes he is, and such a great friendly fellow....even if he did say again he loved my accent!!!and you know how aware I am of that.....

Scout said...

Once again, Beryl, you get to do the most fun things. This looks like a wonderful event.

Alifan said...

Hello Robyn, yes, we do have some great old places round here...and we get some really good talented musical people for the little backwater that we are...
Next week we have the Beccles Music Festival, and some good events going on there... Piano recitals.The London Mozart Players.. Jazz Unlimited, (we are going to that one)..